Thursday, September 4, 2008

2 Days Before Departure!

Me and my special friend have been going through a lot and it's to even think we'll last through the five months. I've been putting up with a lot of stupid stuff and I keep thinking I'm stupid for doing so...........However on the day before I was supposed to leave we packed all my stuff into my mother's car and when I was time to go, I started crying, because I knew that was the last time I was gonna see him for a while. A long while.... That night my Aunt Wendy and my Cousin Tiffany came to visit. It was really good to the see them and they brought a lot of clothes with them. Then other members of my family stopped by to wish me a safe trip.

FAST-FOWARD!

July 19th: Saturday

I stayed up all night packing so I was so tired at 6:00AM when my grandmother woke me up to start getting ready.

We went to walmart at like 7:30AM and stayed for about an hour. I had some last minute essentials to get. Then I went back to the house to finish getting ready. We left around 11:30 and after parking I was walking in at about 11:50 am. There were a lot of people in the American Airlines lines. There was a desk attendant who asked me what flight I was about to catch. When I told her I was flying to Dallas, she told me the plane was seriously delayed. According to her I would not make it to Fiji on time if I waited for that plane. So I had to call a 1-800# to rebook my whole flight. Afterwards the same woman re-booked it again so that my bags would be routed all the way to Fiji.

So instead of leaving at 1:50pm. I left RDU at 3:55pm. Instead of going to Dallas, I went to St.Louis. The airport in STL was really nice and my favorite restaurant (Chili's) was right next to the gate I would be leaving out of. There was this guy who worked there trying to ask me for my phone number. It was so funny, because I was thinking "I'm not even gonna have the same # once I leave the US...." I left STl at 7:25pm and arrived in LA at 9:00pm Pacific Time. I sat between a girl with a baby and a woman. The woman beside me moved to let the father of the baby sit down, so I moved to let him be next to his family. They were a really young couple, like around my age (20). I was so tired in LA and I didnt even know where to go. Finally I got someone to show me. I had to go outside and walk to the next terminal, which was a "hike". I'm glad I didnt have my (almost 70lbs each) bags with me.

When I got there, all I saw were long lines with people going to China and Japan. While standing in the line for Air Pacific, I recognized a girl from facebook named Nina. So we talked while in line and I waited for her to finish. Then we went through security check and walked to the gate. The gate was packed with people and I didn't know who was with my group. It felt like the first day of school all over again. LOL. Eventually we started meeting people and next thing you know it was time to board. The flight was very long, but they provided us with dinner and breakfast. It was so hard to sleep on the plane. I slept for maybe an hour at night and an hour in the morning. I watched about 4 movies, listened to music on my computer, and played games on the plane tv. We landed at 5:10am, a little bit after breakfast (2hrs). We had to wait in this long immigration lne, then wait for bags. A lot of people had their bags left in LA.

We finally got on the bus to go to the hotel. We stayed at the West Motor Inn. My roommate was Mollie from New York. Mollie was one of the people who lost her luggage. So we all freshend up and went to eat breakfast at Ohana Restuaurant. The breakfast was bacon, eggs, toasts, beans, and some Wheat-Bix (which I never tried during my whole stay in Fiji). However the eggs and bacon don't taste like your normal eggs and bacon, so I ended up not eating much.

After breakfast everyone gets dressed in swimsuits and we went to Beachcomber Island! Beachcomber Island was so pretty. The water was so blue and the sand was so pretty. We had lunch on the island and it was pretty good. I made an attempt at snorkeling later on, I went on a boat ride to watch the fish-feeding. I walked around the whole island with Nina, which took about 20 minutes...lol. Then I just laid around and took a nap. I used the internet at one point to send some messages back home and then I tried to use the phone. After spending the whole day we leave the island and go back to the hotel. We had dinner later and Ohana and then we just chilled around the pool that night.

No comments: